Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Has any of you read this book?










Has any of you read this book? If so I would love some feedback.



Here is the review I found on the Adoptive families web site:


Raising Adopted Children, Revised Edition
by Lois Melina
Perennial; $13.95
Buy this book

No adoptive family should be without Raising Adopted Children by Lois Melina, an internationally recognized authority on raising adopted children. In this classic parenting manual, Melina holds parents’ hands every step of the way, from announcing your adoption and choosing a pediatrician to bonding with your child, creating lifebooks, talking to children about adoption, dealing with grief, using positive adoption language, and even surviving the challenges of adolescence. Melina takes on more specialized topics as well, such as parenting children with disabilities, adopting transracially, single parenting, and raising large families. Other highly acclaimed books by Lois Melina include Making Sense of Adoption, and, with Sharon Kaplan Roszia, The Open Adoption Experience. She is a Research Fellow and Director of the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute as well as a regular columnist in Adoptive Families Magazine.

Reviewed by Beth Kracklauer

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I followed your link from Mia's site. I have read that book, and I almost didn't want to adopt after reading it. I felt like it outlined many worse case scenarios that I don't feel apply to every single family. I'm sure there are many, many families that would need this kind of information, but I should have read it further along into our journey instead of at the beginning!! Ha-ha! My son Micah came home from India 1/25/07. My blog is babymicahsjourney.blogspot.com if you care to check it out. He's my little cutie!!
~<3~
Pam