Last night was a wee bit traumatic in our household. Bhavishya complained her little foot was hurting, so I took a look and there it was a thin but long splinter on the big toe. Yeap these suckers hurt and yeap they need to come out but how do you explain a toddler that it will hurt to take it out? How do you explain why Mama is hurting litlle pumkin? When I tried to press it out, nothing came out, boy it was deep inbeaded in her flesh so I had to use a needle. Thank God her Daddy was there to hold her little hands. I still cannot believe how strong our little girl is. She was fighting so hard and her crying and yelling made Pashmina go and see our neighbours, she managed to distress our dog! Needless to say my heart was broken. How can we make a toddler understand that the pain we inflict upon him to take that stupid splinter was actually for her own good?
We talked about it before "the procedure" but we did not want to worry her too much and then we talked about it extensively afterwards. Well she got some gummy bears that I buy at the health food store to stimulate her endorphines. For those who don't know me well, I very very rarely give candy to Bhavishya. Then for the first time she played with Donald Duck band-aids.
I guess it wasn't the first time we had to "perform such an act on her" and certainly not the last. It's just that her crying crushed my heart. Poor little Bunny!
Je traduirai plus tard...je dois filer malheureusement...A+
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Une bizz à ton ptit lapinot... C'est la vie quoi....
Et j'en profite pour te féliciter pour le citizenship !!!!!
Post a Comment