Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Namesake...



...Has any of you seen it?

I jst got an email from Dolly telling me that she & Yvonne went to see this wonderful film tonight.

Here is the resume of the film I got from our local movie theatre:

"This film tells the poignant tale of a young couple who leave their home in Calcutta, India and move to New York, hoping for a better life. Their children are born in America and due to a series of mix-ups their son ends up with his pet-name, Gogol, being issued as his official name. As Gogol growns from boy to man he suffers an identity crisis due to the differences between the generations..."

I am working for a date with Mark...doesn't that seem pathetic??? Well he is away and not due back until Sunday so you can imagine that next week might be quite busy for him at work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a welcome break during my cooking today, i looked at yr blog again.
yes i went to see the film and I found it really worthwhile, not only for indialovers, but also for people interested in human relations and romantics, but its not sassy.

Anonymous said...

As a welcome break during my cooking today, i looked at yr blog again.
yes i went to see the film and I found it really worthwhile, not only for indialovers, but also for people interested in human relations and romantics, but its not sassy.

Karin said...

I just finished the book. It was great! Now I am going to see the movie. Jhumpa Lahiri, the author, writes beautifully. She describes nuance so well. I felt myself saying, "yeah, yeah I know exactly what she is talking about." I am looking forward to the movie. The director, Mira Nair is one of my favorites.