I made Bhavishya close her eyes before she came in her room...she was so exited she could not stand in place any longer and boy, was she delighted...she discovered her toys as if they were new toys...Christmas in November! I should have thought about it beforehand...would have saved us some $$$ in December! HA!

Ce n'est pas vraiment une "nouvelle chambre", j'ai ré-organisé les jouets, les livres, j'ai changé les meubles d'emplacement et j'ai finalement déménagé les bibliothèques blanches (celles que mes parents m'ont achété chez Ikea alors que j'étais encore étudiante) qui étaient dans notre chambre...
J'ai demandé à Bhavishya de fermer les yeux avant qu'elle n'entre dans sa "nouvelle" chambre...elle ne tenait plus en place...elle était excitée comme une puce...elle découvrait ses jouets comme si ils étaient nouveaux

2 comments:
c tout boooooo ! et tu arrives a tout caser tout ses habits et jouets dans l'armoire et la commode ?!!
tres lumineuse sa chambre zadore !
Hello Sas --
I just read the articles in your previous post. I find this issue perplexing, too.
We have an African-American friend who is strongly opposed to trans-racial adoption. He feels it dilutes the culture of the child, and leaves a huge hole in her identity.
I can't help but imagine what happens to kids in the care system too long . . . and I agree with the statement of prioritizing the "good" rather than waiting (sometimes forever) for the "best."
All the same, I wonder if our daughter will feel different and alone in our extended family . . .
-- Nancy
Post a Comment