Monday, March 10, 2008

Car accident / accident de voiture (la poisse)

On Friday, after cleaning the house, going grocery shopping, getting some fresh fish at the fish mongers (My MiL and FiL were visiting for the w-e) I was on my way to pick up Miss B from school and...bang a truck ran into me!

Vendredi, après rangé et nettoyé la maison, après avoir fait les courses pour le w-e et avoir cherché le poisson à la poissonnerie (eh oui mes Beaup. étaient en visite chez nous pour le w-e) je me rendais à l'école de Miss B pour la chercher...et boum un camion me rentre dedans!

I could not believe it! I was stopped at the red light in the right lane, indicating to turn right, patiently waiting for the light to turn right. A truck was on my left. I did not think twice, I assumed he was going straight ahead...no I was wrong...he started to manoeuvre to turn right. Of course as soon as I realised what was going on (a fraction of a second) I huted, and huted and huted...too late, bang, his front right wheel hit my car, I could not control my car, with the impact, my car was projected onto the wall of a building hitting the right wing!

Je ne croyais pas ma poisse! Mes beaups allaient débarquer et moi bloquée avec le routier! Merde! Qu'est-ce qui s'est passé exactement? J'étais arrêtée au feu rouge sur la voie de droite, clignotant allumé, j'attendais patiement au feu de devenir vert. Le feu passe au vert, le camion tourne sur la droite, je réalise, claxonne, claxonne encore mais trop tard, sa roue heurte ma bagnole, avec l'impact, elle est projetée contre la façade de l'immeuble (donc les 2 côtés de la voiture ABIMES!).

BAD LUCK TO SAY THE LEAST!

VRAIMENT PAS DE BOL!

Poor Pashmina, she yelped, cried, and made the strangest sounds...she did not like the car to start with so now she really hates it. Let me tell you I was convinced she was badly hurt the way she screamed/cried...luckily it was just trauma.

Pauvre Pashminette, elle pleure, elle pousse des cris stridents, ça me fait mal au plus profond de moi, je me dis qu'elle est grièvement blessée. C'était le choc, la pauvre elle qui au départ n'aimait pas du tout la voiture elle a été gâtée! Inutile de dire qu'elle est traumatisée maintenant!

The verdict / le verdict:

  • The car is undrivable / la bagnole est "inconduisable".
  • 4'600 Euro of damage. 4'600 Euro de domages.
  • The insurance is lending me a car (a VW polo diesel).L'assurence me prête une titine (une polo diesel).
  • ...

    I feel lucky it is only the car that is damaged.
    Heureusement plus peur que de mal et que de dégats matériels! Ouf!

3 comments:

Moushette said...

ouf.... tu n'as rien, et surtout ta pupuce n'y était pas ...


j'espère que ta voiture sera vite réparée et que tu oublieras tout ceci très vite...

bizz françaises de moushette !

sinon j'ai maintenant un forfait telephone illimité pour ton bo pays. je peux donc t'appeler quand tu veux (et discuter à volonté wawaoum !!!!).

Anonymous said...

What a pain in the neck, but luckily not literaly. Fortunate that B wasn't in the car! But pore P and you. Take care. Must go and cook now. talk to u lata!
dol

Rachael said...

Well, glad you're okay, and Pashmina too. Do you take her everywhere with you? :)