Friday, August 08, 2008

Jumping from one charity to another

I recently posted about our friend Gitu trying to raise 3'500.--£ to pay for the full running costs (teachers, materials, field trips) of an Akanksha centre to educate 60 kids for a whole year in Mumbai! They combined it with the summer party at the Punch Tavern in London which was held on August 5th. She dropped me a mail yesterday saying:

"Yes it went well - completely mad drunken party but overall we have managed to raise £3,200 (half of this was from bids for prizes in an auction). Very close to target so may be able to make it yet - few have promised."
I will keep the interactive widget for a few more days so, please help her get her target by simply clicking on it and make a donation!


Akanksha is a great charity. Gitu has done some voluntary work in Mumbai with them last, November, December and January.


***


My Blog buddy Rachel is also doing some charity...she and her little elves sell some crafts on Etsy. The proceeds from her sales are used to send Christmas gifts to children living in Russian orphanages. To this effect, I am adding another interactive widget on my sidebar showing the items being sold. I already bought a few things from her and I'm tellen ya they are fun!

I guess this is it...unless you want to be one of her little elves...go and check her post out here.

No comments: