Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pivotal moment / 744


I've read on this blog, which I follow regularly and I have also read in a book (I cannot remember which one) that the pivotal moment in an adopted child's life is when he or she has lived with you longer than the amount of time he or she has spent in an orphanage.

Today, August 23, 2008 marks the date when Bhavishya has been longer with us than at the orphanage! Waow!

Here is the detailed calculation:

Duration calculation results
From and including: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 To, but not including : Thursday, August 10, 2006
It is 743 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
Or 2 years, 13 days excluding the end date
Alternative time units743 days can be converted to one of these units:
64,195,200 seconds
1,069,920 minutes
17,832 hours
106 weeks (rounded down)


and...

Duration calculation results
From and including: Thursday, August 10, 2006To, but not including : Saturday, August 23, 2008
It is 744 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
Or 2 years, 13 days excluding the end date
Alternative time units744 days can be converted to one of these units:
64,281,600 seconds
1,071,360 minutes
17,856 hours
106 weeks (rounded down)



So the MAGIC NUMBER is: 744 days!

Bhavishya has been with us 744 days it feels she has always been with us.
Today, Bhavishya is:
Adorable, sweet, loving, generous, kind, she writes her name and copies anything...she starts to recognise words...she loves to draw, she loses her temper when she cannot achieve something, she combs her hair and puts hair clips in them, she talks, talks and talks...it never stops!!! She reads story to herself (she remembers them by heart) she just managed to lace her laces this morning for the first time!!! She prays by herself...her favourite word is "it's me who does it"...she is testing, testing and testing all the time...and that drives me bananas! LoL! She pulls her tongue thanks to our friend Ernest who taught her that a few weeks ago when he and Caroline came over for diner!

On Friday, the social worker came for her 2 year post placement! Needless to say she was impressed!
I know I am bragging...but I'm one proud Mama!




1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

Congratulations! It certainly sounds like your beautiful girl is thriving. And happy birthday to you as well!
-- Nancy (Anya Rashi's mama)