A poem by Christine Futia as she awaited the arrival of her first child, Leo, from India...
I guess it sums it all up!
Song of the Waiting Mother
I'm pregnant, but my tummy isn't growing,
And no one ever calls me "Little Mom."
The public simply isn't overflowing
With questions that I'd handle with aplomb.
There are no special clothes to mark my waiting.
Nobody stops and smiles as I pass by.
The absence of a due-date is frustrating
And looking at the nursery make me cry.
When I am overdue no one will worry.
The phone won't ring and ring as friends check in.
I can't induce my labor in a hurry,
My new life as a parent to begin.
Adoption is a worrisome endeavor,
And waiting all alone is not much fun.
To be "with child" a year seems like forever.
Dear God, we're ready! Please send us our son!
C.F. 1987
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is a very special poem indeed. It reminded me of the time I was waiting for my little Sita and how long it took to bring her home.
Thank you for sharing!
superbe... il est vrai que l'entourage est tres ingrat lorsqu'on attend un enfant adopté...
je me souviens avoir du lever mon verre de champ pour une fille enceinte de qqs mois pour le bb à venir, alors que personne n'a posé la moindre question ou fait la moindre reflexion sur ma fille qui devait arriver 3 semaines apres... peut etre que si j'avais vomi sur tout leur foie gras, ils auraient preté plus attention à mon état "spécial"....
tas trouvé ca ou ?????
Je l'ai trouvé dans le livre:
"Toddler Adoption a Weaver's Craft" de Mary Hopkins-Best.
Va voir mon poste de ce matin...c'est de loin le meilleur livre que j'ai lu sur ce sujet. Peut-être un peu alarmiste sur les bords mais réaliste...on sait à quoi s'attendre par rapport à certains problèmes liés à l'attachement etc.
Cette femme est non seulement une professionnelle mais elle a aussi adopté un enfant de 19 mois.
Bonne journée :-)
Post a Comment