Sunday, September 24, 2006

International Day of Peace / Journée Internationale de la Paix #2

Our friend Vicki sent us an email on Friday, explaining what she did on September 21...here it is...

Hope you celebrated the 21st Sept in grand style -- yesterday being the UN's International Day of Peace.
At our children's school the Ecole Francaise in Luxembourg, G & I donated a tree, about 80 children made harmony ornaments, we planted and decorated the tree. They also wrote peace wishes which they tied to balloons which they let go.
Here in Lux we have had it talked about on ARA radio, a Round Table discussion, and this weekend a bit of a fest in town with music and activist stands are planned.
The attached picture is from our event.
The kids enjoyed. Now, next year I'd like to get more schools involved and talk even more about how to resolve conflicts without aggression.
If anyone is interested in doing something similar with their own school or home/work, please let me know, and I will happily pass info on to make it effortless, the UN and different organisations provide a lot of educational materials. I also have copies of a good english DVD on the subject which makes good viewing for adults and teenagers alike which I am happy to loan out, or play on our cinema here at home.
Maybe if we people take more note of the UN, our governments will.

Vicki
Xx

Please fill free to pass this message onto anyone who you believe could be interested in promoting the day, and focusing on how we resolve conflicts without violence.


Voilà! Well personnally I would love to do something...if you are, please do not hesitate to leave me a comment and I can get you in touch with Vicki.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oui je suis interessée. I'll call you about it.

Hope B is better
Biz

S