On September 11, 2001, we had just endured our 4th IVF BFN after 9 years of TTC and numbers of other treatments prior to that. What a blow…we had so much hope…all was going so well considering…I felt so sorry for myself and thought to myself how many treatments, how many miscarriages would I need to suffer before having our child? I felt all was so unfair, girls who never really wanted children would get pregnant “by accident” and never wanted to be mothers and these “poor” woman had to face other challenges…”keep my babies or ???” I hated the fact that my uterus was functioning so badly I wasn’t capable of getting pregnant or sustaining a pregnancy…Boy I felt so sorry for myself (if only I knew that this wonderful little Girl called Bhavishya, yes you my darling, was going to be our daughter it would have made things a lot easier…)
Well up until that day, Bhavishya, your father and I and most people we knew were living in a dream…I guess we lived in a privileged world…we are of a generation who doesn’t know what it is like to live through a war…
I can assure you that all of us will always remember where we were and what we were doing when we first heard about 9/11- Those of us who are old enough to remember and realised what happened that day can all honestly say that our lives were never be the same again…the images we saw that day and the days to follow were simply horrific.
Bhavishya, my love, I don’t want to scare you, I am just promising you that your Father and I will always do our outmost best to shelter and protect you from bad things and people, from evil for as long as we can. One day soon you will be big, and you will begin to understand the world around you. You have good people and bad people…We hope that you will look at the world and always see the potential for good. Remember my Darling, it's up to you and those of your generation to forge ahead and try to mend this shattered world. And remember love and tolerance are some of the keys that will open many doors…
I love you with all my heart...always
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
tu me fais une petite traduction stp !!!!! à plus.
Ah Mimi, pas maintenant...je te le traduirai soit au tel soit sur MSN ok? Ne m'en veut pas stp.
BIZ
Post a Comment