Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Very interesting Radio show regarding International Adoption II


I missed last week's radio show and I was very dissapointed to find out it was a very interesting topic indeed:

"The Ups and Downs of Adopting a Toddler"

Drew Davenport interviewed Mary Hopkins-Best, author of Toddler Adoption: The Weaver’s Craft
I was thrilled to be able to listen to the show only tonight. In Short they talked about how certain parents make a concious decision to adopt a toddler and how others "accidentally" become parents of toddlers for reasons such as delays in paperwork or in our case... waiting for the licence of the orphanage to be re-issued by CARA (Central Adoption Resource Agency)... and numerous holidays. They discussed the differences between toddler and infant adoption, how toddlers grieve etc.

Also they give (useful) transition tips!?!

To listen to this program, please click here and then on the right hand box click on the little arrow where it says: "Blog talk radio".


No comments: